History


Biofarma, one of the most rooted medicine firms of our country with foundations back to 1945, carried out its activities in Mercan district of Istanbul between 1950 and 1989.


Biofarma, which has been purchased by Pharmacist Mustafa ÖNCEL and then turned into Limited Company in 1973, has always been a part of attempts and developments then required with its technological possibilities and expert staff in terms of human drug production.  Biofarma has been moved in 1990 from its facilities in Mercan-Istanbul, where it was first established, to the modern facilities with an area of 15.000 m2  on a land of 17.000 m2, and has been turned into a joint stock company in 1998. Today, it is a part of Corinto Capital and Citigroup Venture Capital International (CVCI).